- 'Accept remote commands' - whether should PC accept commands from RSHUT PRO Server or not.
Enable this option if RSHUT PRO will execute actions sent from remote
RSHUT PRO Server.
- Additional option 'Prompt for incoming commands'
can be used to display prompt for each incoming action from RSHUT PRO Server
for some time.
By default the action will be executed
if has not been cancelled within this time.
- Additional option 'Prompt for incoming commands' can be used to display prompt for each incoming action from RSHUT PRO Server for some time. By default the action will be executed if has not been cancelled within this time.
- 'Require password' - setup password for RSHUT PRO Client.
This password is used to protect settings from changes, also RSHUT PRO Server
should use the same password otherwise RSHUT PRO Client will deny action execution.
- 'Disallow actions' - select list of actions that will be
disabled for execution due to security reasons.
- 'Hide icon' - hides RSHUT PRO icon in system tray so user
does not know that RSHUT PRO is running on PC.
To access client's options
you can define hot-key (see below) or run RSHUT PRO
executable that will popup running instance.
- 'Enable system tray menu' - specified whether user can
use menu commands or not.
- 'Hot-key' - define hot-key to access client's options.
'None' value means no hot-key defined.
- 'Start with Windows' -
this option is used to startup RSHUT PRO Client on Windows start.
Typically should be always enabled.
- 'No requests/informs for MAC address on startup' - enable this option if you plan to use Wake-On-LAN. When enabled each RSHUT PRO send RSHUT PRO Server it's MAC address required to perform Wake-On-LAN command. Alternatively you can manually enter MAC address of a PC using command line options. This option is always enabled in trial version.
- 'Use Power Off if Hibernate/Suspend not available' -
RSHUT PRO will try to execute 'Power Off' instead of
'Hibernate' or 'Suspend'
if not supported by current PC.
- 'Thread priority' -
RSHUT PRO can communicate many RSHUT PRO Clients
simultaneously using threads (thread is a part of program that executes at the same
time as the program). If you feel RSHUT PRO slow down PC set it lower threads priority.
Shutdown optionsThese options works when PC is shutting down with 'Shutdown', 'Power Off' of 'Reboot' command.
- 'Set display state to' - set monitor to power saving mode using
'Low power' and 'Shut off' command.
- 'Close CD-ROM tray(s)' - close trays for all available CD/DVD-ROM(s) in system.
- 'Open CD-ROM tray(s) when a disk inside' - eject any CD/DVD-ROM
if a CD/DVD disk inside. The option could be useful to find lost disk
when all PCs a powered off.
- 'Emulate ENTER keypress in a loop' -
on shutdown some applications can pop-up with a dialog (like 'save as..', 'confirm exit', etc.)
and the system will freeze until you will press ENTER on OK/CANCEL button.
This option can work around this problem sending ENTER key to the system keyboard (repeatedly, with a delay)
so looks like user presses this key to confirm message box.
- 'Emulate RIGHT key keypress in a loop' - this option works similiar like as previous but emulates RIGHT key press (it repeats with a delay). Typically can be useful for Windows 95/98 to avoid system dialog 'Wait-End-Cancel'.